Current Status of the Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Neighbourhood Plan
- Decide to prepare a Plan – decision taken at Full Council
- Set the area – agree the Neighbourhood Plan designated area – agreed by Milton Keynes Council in May 2020
- Determine the scope of the plan– what topics or issues the plan should cover
- Develop the plan – how will we achieve the vision for the area? Gather evidence to support the plan’s strategy and policies
- Consult – get feedback on the Plan, with changes then made in response, as necessary
- Submit – send the Plan (as amended) and supporting documents to the Local Planning Authority (Milton Keynes Council) who will agree the appointment of an Independent Examiner
- Examination – this will include further consultation, and the Examiner may require a Hearing (although most plans do not require a Hearing)
- Referendum – if the Plan is found to meet the basic conditions (with modifications if necessary) then it goes to a local referendum. This is to check it has community support.
- Adopt – Milton Keynes Council will ‘make’ the plan, when it becomes part of the Local Plan for the area.